> | | | | | | | > Getting Internet and telephone at home in Abu Dhabi

Getting Internet and telephone at home in Abu Dhabi

Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 | 18 Comments

When you will be settled down and will have the keys to your apartment, you will probably be in a rush to get an internet and landline subscription.

In the U.A.E., we have two main telecom companies : Etisalat and Du. Some buildings are already equipped with the internet access of Etisalat, which narrows down your choice, but also simplifies the process! In this case, you will still have to go to the Etisalat store in person and fill in an application form. You will need a credit card, a lease contract if possible (but not necessary, as long as you know the precise address of your flat), and a valid residence visa.
Etisalat's packages for home Internet and landlines are called Double Play. You will find here a list of the different options with pricing. If you don't own a router, which is necessary if you want wireless internet, you can purchase one from them. However, according to my friends, it is more expensive than if you purchase it on your own (Electra street has a lot of stores selling routers for all sorts of prices). A few days after your subscription (max 5 days), they will contact you to send a technician at your place to set up the whole thing. Oh miracle, it works instantly! I highly advise you to have the router ready so they can install it for you. It will save you a lot of time and pain in the b*tt! The internet conexion is fast and reliable, I'm really happy about it!
Du's packages for Internet and phone are called Talk and Surf. The price list is available here. If anyone has experience with Du, please share with me as I don't know anyone who uses their services.

Some websites are censored in the U.A.E.: here is a link to a PDF explaining the types of websites than are prohibited. Don't worry too much about it, though. Most common websites are fully operational : Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. Skype works, but I noticed that only Skype to Skype calls go through. Skype to phone seem to be blocked. It isn't a really big deal, though, because most phone bundles include international minutes. 

Comments:18

  1. Hello,

    Thank you very much for this excellent blog. I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in three weeks, and your blogs are incredibly useful.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suleyman, D-Day is approaching, I hope you're ready? I know things get a little overwhelming at times, but just like everyone else, you can make it ;) I'm really glad my articles helped. If you have suggestions of other useful information that you need, you're more than welcome to let me know! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Your blog proved to be of enormous help to me in making my move to UAE a tolerable experience. Can't thanks you enough for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David! I'm really glad the blog helped. That's what it's meant for ;) When do you plan on arriving to Abu Dhabi?

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you
    Also visit my web site fireplaces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I would be honored if you could share my blog with your contacts :) What is the address of your myspace group? I could link it here on the blog!

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such valuable information about Abu Dhabi. My wife and I will be moving to Al Ain at the end of January. I depend on the Internet to earn my living. I was wondering if the "pay-as-you-go" option would be a viable one for me before we subscribe to an Etisalat package for home Internet. Would it be reliable and fast enough?
    Best from Turkey,
    Hakan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hakan,
      Thank you so much for posting and congratulations on your relocation! Best of luck to you and your wife for the move.
      To my knowledge the "pay-as-you-go" option is only available on mobile phones. Is that what you meant?
      If yes, it was plenty enough for me in the beginning to check emails and do some very basic internet surfing. What does your job consist in? It's hard to tell you if it's going to be fast enough if you don't tell me for what purpose ;)

      Delete
  5. get internet connection in one day call 0555936764

    ReplyDelete
  6. please can i know all the information required to have Internet in abu dhabi .like how much monthly ,how long and the documents required .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for admin
    Dailymotion video downloader

    Try Dailymotion video
    downloader
    to download videos from dailymotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good article! However, if any of you is interested in knowing the best internet service provider in Oman, then I recommend you to check out AWASR.
    broadband Internet Provider

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being one of the most amazing country, Dubai has something innovative to offer you. The same follows in the sector of telecommunication. It might be a little bit shocking for you but the pretty popular Whatsapp, Skype, Facebook Messenger, which video call works in uae do not work in Emirates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving Companies in Abu Dhabi
    https://wemovers.ae/blog/moving-companies-in-abu-dhabi?id=4
    Professional Movers in Abu Dhabi #1 Moving companies in Abu Dhabi Offers Budget Moving Services Abu Dhabi Professional Movers Award Winner Offers Urgent Movers in Abu Dhabi.
    1632379218016-9

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.